Reboot


Wow. It has been a long time since I've been active here. I skipped an entire presidential administration, and then some. What's been going on in all that time? Well, since no one asked:

  • Kairos Communities has formed as a synodically authorized worshipping community of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod of the ELCA.
  • I completed the Theological Education for Emerging Ministries program at United Lutheran Seminary in Philadelphia.
  • I learned so much in the Clinical Pastoral Education program at the Penn Foundation Recovery Center, working with people starting or re-starting recovery from substance use.
  • I was ordained to the ministry of Word and Sacrament in the ELCA.
  • We had a little thing known as the pandemic that turned life, ministry, and work upside down. 🙃 Sadly it is still going on two-and-a-half years later. 😢 😡
  • My ministry turned overnight from communicating about the work of the synod to equipping and encouraging pastors, deacons and lay leaders as they were thrust into online ministry.
  • Kairos rapidly transitioned from a house church/missional community to an online gathering. In the time when no one was holding in-person church, we had a number of visitors. And we missed people who were not drawn to church on Zoom
Through the course of this journey my non-work writing slacked off along with my attention to this site. I'm creating more content (I really hate that word, but it works) these days and I'll be sharing more frequently. 

Hope to see you here! Talk to you in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts